the advantages of soundproofing your existing ceiling
- Significantly improves the soundproofing of existing ceilings: impact and airborne sound reduction.
- Fixes under existing concrete and timber joist ceilings with minimum fixings.
- All work is done from the room below.
- Proven soundproofing performance.
- Exceeds British Building Regs Document E for airborne and impact sound.
- Just 1 hole to drill per mount; saves hours when drilling concrete.
impact and airborne sound reduction
Impact – The rubber block breaks the path of vibration reducing the sound of footsteps etc.
Airborne – The additional acoustic insulation reduces the sound of voices, music, TV etc.
Screw direct to concrete using just 1 concrete screw per hanger or into plasterboard using 1 screw fixing into the timber joist per acoustic hanger.
buy Iso-Mount Type2 online
Delivery available throughout the UK. For outside the UK please contact us for details.
- Iso-Mount Type2 acoustic hanger fixings for timber joists or concrete soundproof ceilings
- Iso-Mount Type2 acoustic hanger extensions for larger voids for services and insulation
- Oscar Foam Roll – acoustic edge foam
- Oscar Seal – acoustic sealant
The Iso-Mount soundproof ceiling range uses a GL1 ‘C’ channel and GL3 connectors/steel channels which are widely available from many well known UK manufacturers. Oscar Acoustics do not stock steel channels so you can save money by purchasing your required amount directly from manufacturers. We found it online for as little as £0.88 per metre.
Other components are purchased from your local stockist.
what our customers say
“Soundproof ceiling is complete… I’ve tested it by powering up a loud DeWalt router in the garage and seeing how loud it is in the room above.
WOW. Can hardly hear it… It really was much quieter than I thought it would be. I can finally use the workshop in the evening when the kids are asleep in the room above. I’ll admit not having done it before I was unsure if it would deaden the noise enough for power tools…but I am blown away by how well it works. Thanks again for your help – much appreciated.”
James Burrows, Home DIY installer – Oscar Iso-Mount Type 2
“I did not fully appreciate at the time, but the use of Iso-Mount with industry standard metal channel was a huge bonus and cost saver. Also, we did not appreciate how much time and money we saved using the adjustable Iso-Mounts to level the uneven joists. Now installed the ceiling is superb and flat as a pancake. In terms of acoustic isolation the system is superb and overall I couldn’t be more pleased with the end result. The Iso-Mount system is a brilliant way to isolate noise between floors. I recommend it very highly.”
Richard Bowler – Oscar Iso-Mount Type 1 Soundproofing Basement Flat