acoustic plaster features and benefits
- A2-s1,d0 & Class 0 fire rated to BS476. Fire reports available on request.
- Achieves M1 certification for Building Materials emissions.
- Increases productivity by creating a calm and pleasant acoustic environment.
- Can be directly applied to most substrates such as wood, gyproc board, steel sheet, smooth concrete and more.
- Suitable for flat, domed and vaulted soffits.
- Quick and easy to install.
- Easy to maintain through vaccuming or dusting.
- Available in two surface finishes in a variety of colours.
The standard white finish provides a light reflectivity of 94%.
- Acoustic plaster installations are applied at 25mm thick; the area is dependent on the acoustical requirements of the project. An air gap is introduced to achieve high absorption at low frequencies.
- Can be over-sprayed in a different colour if required.
- Oscar Elite is approved by English Heritage.
Oscar Elite on grand designs
Architects and interior designers who incorporate Oscar Elite into their designs can achieve spatial design with minimal hard, smooth surfaces without compromising the acoustic ambience. This was the case with the Holland Park Grand Designs house in London series 7 episode 16 (pictured right).
During refurbishment, acoustic plaster was applied to the ceiling and inside of the lightwell, resulting in superb acoustics without compromising the beautiful, flat and smooth surfaces. Oscar Elite was selected for its super smooth, seamless finish and exceptional sound absorbing properties.
acoustic plaster projects
what our customers say
“Yotam Ottolenghi used Oscar Acoustics to render shiny surfaces softly spoken.
Oscar Acoustics are very proud to have been mentioned in the Evening Standard, for the superb acoustic result achieved in the beautiful restaurant NOPI by using our exceptionally smooth Oscar Elite acoustic plaster. Fay continues…
It’s time to talk about noise in restaurants… I don’t always – just sometimes – harp on about the unpleasantness of sound ricocheting off unforgiving surfaces, thumping music shivering your timbers and having to give up on the idea of conversation with dinner. Hiring an acoustic engineer when a new restaurant is planned is an expensive move but two of the most successful operators I know make it top of their list of priorities.”
Fays Favourites, Evening Standard – Oscar Elite Acoustic Plaster
“There has been positive feedback from the day users of the Clore Centre and the receptionist has clearly noticed a reduction in the reverberation of noise within the space. The best comment we have received to date is, ‘it doesn’t look any different’ and that is precisely what we set out to achieve.
We are very pleased with the finished product and would like to thank you, your management team and Mark and John (installers) for enabling us to meet our objective.”
Rob Umney, Clore Learning Centre, Hampton Court Palace
“Saved us money
Very proactive and great at problem solving
Gave us some good ideas
Issued samples and went out of their way for us…”
John Coyle, Operations Director, Overbury – Royal Institute for Chartered Surveyors
“Oscar Elite is the perfect acoustic product: effective and completely invisible; it delivers the perfect customer experience.”
Noam Bar, Ottolenghi