features of SonaSpray K-13 acoustic spray
- Achieves M1 certification for Building Materials emissions.
- Class 0 to BS476 & B-s1,d0 fire rating (full fire test reports available on request). View full fire ratings.
- Excellent noise reduction in buildings by absorbing sound energy instead of reflecting it thereby reducing reverberation times & overall noise levels.
- Can contribute up to 17 points to the overall Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) rating of a project.
- Product-Specific, Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) to ISO 14025 available. See related PDFs.
- Acoustic spray can be applied to virtually any configuration of substrate.
- The adhesive provides a resilient bond that is strong & durable.
- Can aid in condensation control by inhaling and exhaling moisture as the indoor climate changes.
SonaSpray K-13 vs. Sprayed Fiberglass VIDEO – a comparative fire endurance test
This test was conducted to evaluate the fire performance and endurance qualities of two different spray applied materials used as exposed thermal and acoustical finishes. The test materials were SonaSpray K-13, a cellulose material, and sprayed fiberglass. The test was conducted using the ASTM E-119 Standard for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials.
variety of acoustic spray colours available
Available in a range of standard colours from stock, SonaSpray K-13 acoustic spray can also be specially manufactured to the client’s colour requirement (minimum quantity applies).
SonaSpray K-13 is a total system with in-built treatment for fire and mould resistance and has colouring throughout the full thickness of the coating.
Future reconstruction of buildings may require removal of acoustic spray. SonaSpray can be recycled or disposed of as a non-special waste and your local authority waste disposal will be able to give advice on recycling.
- Carbon neutral.
- Low embodied energy.
- Good for the environment and recyclable.
- Safe, recycled, natural cellulose fibre.
acoustic spray projects
what our customers say
“We are really happy with the results in Studio 3 from both an acoustic point of view and aesthetically, it’s exactly what we were looking for. I would also like to say thanks to the guys who were top notch – very courteous and professional and extremely tidy. Great job all round, really appreciate it. ”
Dave Parker, COO, Maidstone Studios – SonaSpray K-13 Black
“Everyone loves the SonaSpray finish! Second to the exterior thatch, it is the most asked about and photographed material in the building.
During our regular tours, people are always asking what it is and what it is for. They love that fact that it has a purpose and is on show so they can see how the building works.”
Fergus Rolfe, Team Manager, The Enterprise Centre, UEA – SonaSpray